Sunday, April 1, 2012

Alien Apocalypse



I managed to watch one other crummy movie just under the wire.  This peach was Alien Apocalypse starring the great, fabulous, magnificent Bruce Campbell and Renee O'Connor (Xena's sidekick).  The premise: four astronauts return to Earth after being in space and much to their surprise Earth has been taken over by gigantic praying mantis bugs.  YUCK!  The bugs have enslaved the humans and force them to work in lumber yards (bugs eat wood!  insert giggle here!).  Bruce leds the humans in a rebellion against the sawmill.  They ofcourse defeat them and save the girl.  It ends with them geared up to attack more sawmills and bring down the Capitol!  Just thought I would throw that last part in for all my Hunger Games lovers. 

I am sure everyone is wondering why it took me so long to post but alas life has been imitating art.  How can I relate my life to Alien Apocalypse?  I ofcourse would be the snarky and attractive Bruce Campbell trying to save my life aka: sanity from the bugs which would be played by my darling husband.  Here is my qoute comparison of Bruce and I, my life in bold.

Bruce Campbell / Dr. Ivan Hood: You know, there were so many things in this world (pre toddler) that I always took for granted and now that they're gone, Ooph! I miss'em!
Friend: Like what?
Bruce Campbell / Dr. Ivan Hood: Well like they had these restaurants. People called them 'Greasy Spoons' (any bar or On the Border) and you could go in there and get eggs, toast, hash browns, and coffee for nine ninety nine (beveridges or Southwest Chicken Tacos), and the waitress would come around FOUR times and ask you if everything was alright, and then forget to give you coffee (beer or soda). And uh, scanning up and down the radio dial lookin' for a good song and only finding ones that you don't like, y'know. And, like, BASKETBALL!... (I have no comparison) even though my team never won and we never got into the playoffs. And crappy TV shows (Alien Apocalypse on SyFy)... I dunno.
Now you ask me, why is your darling husband the bug?  I answer this question with brief synopsis of one of our many conversations today. 
     Me: I need you to watch P while I go to hospital to see my Grandmother.
     Husband: I thought it wasn't serious I wanted to go to the driving range. 
     Me: I can't repeat what went through my head but needless to say he stayed home with P while I went.

He is now at the driving range while I type about him.  I feel I must overthrow his regime (him getting his way all the time) and bring in a new reign of terror (Me).  This week I plan strategy for my rebellion.  I feel I will have to build up my numbers. This will have to start with our good friends (Boris and Natasha, you know who you are) joining my side.  Unfortunately my man is hitting balls with Boris now.  Hmm?!?  What is a rebel leader to do?  Well Bruce rallied his troops with stupity (I've got plenty of that) and sarcasm (no problemo here).  I feel I have these qualities of a leader.  I will silently but diligently continue to plan my coup and let you know of the progress.  Final thought:  What would the Mockingjay do?

No comments:

Post a Comment