Friday, January 11, 2013

Snow White and the Huntsman / Hercules



 

I know what you guys are thinking, well maybe except my one Twilight fan friend, why in the heckola did you willingly watch a movie with Kristen Stewart.  Well the answer,  as seen above, is Thor!!!  What a hottie!  The movie actually wasn't that bad.  It had a cool story, neato nature and funny dwarves.  But most importantly minimal talking by Kristen plus Charlize Theron was one hardcore witch.  I don't really have anything else to say about this movie but wait till it comes out on cable and definitely record it.

I am going to also discuss Hercules on this post. I have become readdicted to the 90's t.v. show. It comes on the HUB every night and I can't stop watching it. Is it because it's cheesy? Definitely! Is it because I find Kevin Sorbo hot? Mostly! Although he is a terrible actor I loved him in Hercules and Kull the Conqueror. Interestingly enough I only like him when he is playing a mythological character or a Vikingesck warrior. One question I have always wondered is why Hera's eye are always portrayed with a peacock feather?. I guess I should google it.


Also, for all my coworkers out there I am going to start practicing my Xena fight sounds so you better brace yourself.  I am going to try and find a way to have my own personal soundtrack at work too.  Hopefully it will be Xena chanting.  I am going to put my illustrious leader in charge of that task, you know who you are, Clue fan!

3 comments:

  1. That will be a very eclectic soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hera's symbol was the peacock. Most gods had an animal associated with them. Hers fits because she was beautiful but not always nice. (See, teaching freshman English pays off sometimes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Heather and I looked it up at lunch. There was some story about putting her watchful eye on peacock feathers. It seemed to make perfect sense. I also practiced the Xena war chant at lunch. I hurt my own ears.

    ReplyDelete