Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hobo with a Shotgun



Every once in a while you find a movie that just puts you in a funk and makes you feel terrible for watching it. This movie fits that bill; I couldn't even finish it. I guess I knew what I was in for when the second scene had a man being killed by his brother with barb wire, I'll let you use your imagination on how it happened. Yuck!

Why did I even watch 45 minutes of this grande poopala? The hobo was played by my one of my favorite actors, Rutger Hauer. I love him from Bladrunner, Ladyhawke and Flesh n Blood. Instead of watching an older actor who has aged gracefully (example: Paul Newman from The Color of Money) I was watching a dried up old prune become a shotgun vigilante in a hellish town. Although he still had his nice voice; The only plus of the movie I might add. The only way I can describe this movie is a non artsy, grosser by 75%, terrible acting Sin City. Which the famed hobo also starred in. I give this movie no stars out of 5, and this comes from someone who watched a movie about a killer tire. Thank goodness for awesome movies like Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment